Final Day of Performances

After watching the play from the sidelines last night, I knew I would be going back today to see the kids in “The Wizard of Oz”.  There were two showings, 11am (which seems a bit too early to me) and 7pm, which seemed more likely since I could then stay and clean up afterward.  I woke up around 9:30 after having a bad night of sleep.  First, I didn’t go to bed until close to 2am.  Then I woke up at 3am with chest pains.  Not good.  After staying awake for another hour, somewhat afraid to go to sleep, I was then awoken by Max blasting his radio while he got ready to go meet someone.  

Shortly afterward, I realized it was fruitless to try and sleep any longer so I read a bit then decided to call the neighbor and find out what time they were planning to go to the show.  I was a bit surprised that they planned to go to the 11am show. Since it was sold out the night before, I told them it would be wise to get there early.  I decided to go with them, even though Chris was not going.  I could show Shawn how to get there since she got lost last time.  I also figured it was an opportunity for Max to go since he didn’t work until 2pm, but he was sticking with his commitment to meet up with a friend, which was pretty lame in my opinion.  He was in 2 plays this year and everyone went to see him.  It was the least he could do for them.  
We ended up getting there by 10:30 and sitting in the front row.  By the time of the show start, it was only half full. We all enjoyed the show, but according to Julie after I talked to her tonight, it was the worst of the shows.  They had a couple malfunctions with the mic and Mitchell slid a bit too far on the stage during one number but regained control without totally looking foolish.  During another dance number, a fake tree was leaning across the stage and interfering with of all people, Mitchell, once again.  But he got through it just fine.  I am not sure what the other issues were, but I doubt the audience even knew.
I ended up not going to tonight’s performance and got a lot done around the house, including finally vacuuming the trunk of the Mazda.  It feels a bit lonely around here without the rest of the troop.  But until next year, the play is over.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s